Thursday 25 April 2013

Well here we go at attempting to keep this blog upto date with my fishing exploits, I just hope I do a better job at it this year after last years miserable effort !!I've been out for 2 weeks now,basically thats when the ice cleared from the local canal, however the temperature has been really low all winter and the local water is taking ages to warm up.Today I checked and it had lept up a whole 1 degree to 5C !
Only another 1.5C to go and the fish will be feeding and active again.However I have failed the past 2 weeks to even get a nod, still using the Ultra Light equipment with all types of lures. 
Yesterday it was blowing a howler and for some mad reason in this wind I decided to give it a bash in the evening..well 10 minutes in and bang! a 40cm sea trout...lovely! No pics I'm afraid as the wind was now storm level,besides trying to prevent myself going in the canal it really was hard work getting organiised. Try casting a Panic Minnow on 3.5g jig head loaded with nanofil...it disappears into the sunset!!
As always early April we drove upto the summer house,to make sure the winter has'nt caused too much damage or hopefully none at all.The ground is solid still,frozen from the harsh winter but this time of year the local stream is in full flow ready for migrating salmon and trout.It appears this winter has taken its toll in a strange way...the stream was hardly flowing the levels way below normal.It may have been cold but we have hardly any snow,or rain for that matter.So now I wonder when or how will the fish migrate.Or will they simpy wait and hold up in the lakes....

No comments:

Post a Comment